“WHAT ARE CHORDS?” is a comprehensive (and free) A to Z 146 page tuition text about chords.
It is perfect for music students of all ages wishing to learn or expand their knowledge of harmony,
for songwriters looking for that special chordal wisdom that takes their compositions to another level
and the budding improviser seeking clarity among the maze of chord progressions in all styles of music.
In the pages of my PDF you will find:
• 112 musical illustrations showing examples of the subject being discussed
• 49 audio tracks (“parked” on this site under the AUDIOS tab) giving you an aural demo of many topics.
• The Major modes and all their associated scales and chords in triad, 4-note and 5 and more-note form.
• A chapter on the Whole Tone scale and chords.
• All the modes & chords of the Melodic Minor scale.
• A thorough look at the Diminished Blues or Half-Tone Whole-Tone scale and its harmonies.
• The sus4 chord types discussed in great detail.
• The Modes between the Modes or how to treat chords that don’t “belong”.
• How to write clearly understandable chord symbols of all chord types, from triads to 8-note harmony.
• 7 Chord Diagrams – A new, original view at the modes for the more schematically minded musician
• 9 Chord Trees – A new and original take on all chord types displayed as trees (makes sense to me!).
• Ways to personalize the use of chords to give your compositions or arrangements that stand-out-from-the-crowd-factor .
• Ongoing blog posts that shine a more focused spotlight on a variety of music theory subjects.